Cheesey Bacon Potato Slices Update
First of all, let me apologize to anyone who couldn’t access our site yesterday. Apparently there was a glitch with our server but the problem has now been solved! I wanted to get this in yesterday but as I explained, we were down for most of the day. I then thought about getting our seeds started for our fall garden and again I was foiled as it was sooooo hot, you couldn’t even breathe outside. With our site back on track today, I thought I would do my seeding thing in the morning and get this out this afternoon however, Mother Nature decided otherwise as we had heavy storms all morning and another 6 inches of rain has graced our property, YUK!
So with all that behind us, let me continue…. I talked earlier this week about doing potato recipes to herald in Potato Month and this week I made our Philly Meatloaf and with having left-overs the next evening decided to take our Cheesy Bacon Potato Slices and doctor them up to compliment the meatloaf with the following recipe: Your gonna love it!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- Melted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- ½ medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Asiago cheese, grated
- 8 strips of bacon
- Scrub potatoes and cut into ½ inch slices.
- Dip potatoes into melted butter and place on a cookie sheet; bake for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven, turning after 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off the bacon drippings, leaving a light coat in frying pan and saute the onions and peppers until softened.
- When potatoes are done cooking, top with the grated cheese, onions, peppers and bacon that has been crumbled.
- Return potatoes to oven to melt cheese and serve.
I hope you enjoy this and the rest of the weekend. Tomorrow is our first day of Sunday football, HURRAY! See ya next week and I promise to lay off the potato recipes!!!
Oh! Kenny said he has a picture WITH the ketchup….If you want to see it?