Cheese Dripping Mushrooms
Great to have for those game parties! Just make sure you buy a big bottle of burgundy so you have some left-over to sip on while your pig(skin)ing out! Changed our plans for taking a trip up north until the spring when we hope to land in Indiana for morel mushroom hunting season! Really wanted to go to see the fall leaves, but from what I’m hearing, there will not be much of a change of color this year, so we opted to take a shorter trip and just head up to Georgia and maybe see them there. This is National Mushroom month and this recipe is very, very simple but packs a lot of taste simmered in the burgundy and topped with cheese!
- 2 lbs medium sized mushrooms, stems removed, washed and well drained
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups burgundy (that's why I said to get a BIG bottle)
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, mild or sharp, grated medium
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, grated medium
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; add mushrooms and then add the burgundy.
- Simmer mixture for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mushrooms into a greased baking dish (stem side up) with a little of the burgundy liquid; top with cheeses and bake in a 350 degree oven until cheeses are melted and piping hot.
Today is Eat An Apple Day and the first day of fall, YEAH! So again, have a nice weekend and enjoy! I’m off to catch the Florida Gator game and fix some BBQ vittles for din-din! Go Gators…………….