Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Well, it’s another year gone by and I know some of you made resolutions about losing just a little of that weight we’ve all gained since Thanksgiving. Husband is moaning about getting fat and it’s all my fault but I’m not the one who made him go back for seconds and then top it off with dessert.
I am going to give the sweet treats a little break for awhile after I share this one. My daughter sent me the recipe for these wonderfully rich cookies and of course I couldn’t leave well enough alone, just had to alter and add to it a little bit, especially the pecans!
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teas vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ teas baking soda
- ½ teas salt
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, or any favorite nuts of your choice
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each; stir in bourbon.
- Sift together the baking soda, salt and flour and stir into the mixture.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake in a 375 oven for about 12 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Hope your New Year’s started off well and continues throughout the year. As for us, we had an outside fire in our pot belly stove on our back porch New Year’s Eve and enjoyed our neighbors putting of firecrackers in the distance. Of course, we brought in the new year with some homemade cornbread smothered with fresh cooked black eyed peas to bring us luck to which it did already. Husband won $130 dollars last night on a lotto ticket. One more number and it would have been, pack up our home because we’re movin’ out of Dodge……………………Enjoy!