Fresh Creamy Blueberry Pie
Our wild blueberries here on the property were a little late this year and not as plentiful as normal but I still got enough to make this delicious pie with a few to spare.
What really surprised us was that the seeds in them were also a little scarcer than in the past and the flavor much sweeter. I wondered if it was the fact that I have been picking them for so long now that they might be turning domesticated, ha ha! The pudding part of this recipe has an insert that was not called for in the original recipe that I had picked up from my daughter, who adds cream cheese to her banana pudding recipe and I just had to try it with this yummy treat! I am also trying to cook as much as I can this weekend as Monday starts the remake of my kitchen counters yet again, more on that at a later time……………..
- 1 baked graham cracker crust
- 1 small package (3.4 oz) French vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ teas vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Combine pudding, milk and butter and beat according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat until incorporated; cover and chill.
- While pudding is chilling, combine one cup of the berries with the sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and zest in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, mashing the berries and stirring constantly until thickened, stir in remaining berries; let cool.
- Spoon pudding mixture into pie crust and top with with berry mixture.
Hope everyone has a great week end and we will be seeing ya next week…….Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Twitter and join our Saturday news letter..up there..at the top.. to keep up with the latest recipes.