Another Monday greets us and it’s hard to get going as usual! I am never prepared on the first day of week and really don’t know what I feel like writing about, so I guess I’ll have to wing it but yet again. Today is National Lager Day and thought this recipe is good for dipping with tortilla chips and maybe washed down with a good lager beer, maybe a San Miguel 1516 which is a product of Spain. When it comes to beer though, Kenny’s favorite is Corona which would go equally as good!
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut up
- ½ teas salt
- 1 teas fresh ground pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 teas red wine vinegar
- Drain beans and rinse well.
- Place beans in a food processor or blender with the remaining ingredients and pulse on and off for about 1 minute.
- Place in a container, cover and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors.
This dip can also be made with black-eyed peas instead of the black beans or even a combination of both if you feel daring enough to try it. This recipe is also great for those football or holiday get togethers………………Enjoy!