Lemonade Spiced With Fresh Ginger
Today is National Lemonade Day and this is a thirst-quenching beverage just right for the hot summer days and a nice addition to the up-coming holiday weekend. Not too bad with just a little shot of something added to it either, if you get my drift! I would imagine our Labor Day will be on the quiet side this year with a possible 2 day trip in the works for that week. Kenny’s son is going to be in the panhandle of Florida and we hope to drive over to see him and the family. It has been even longer since we’ve seen him, than it had been his daughter and that was about 10 years. Matter of fact, I can’t even remember how long it’s been, around 13 years or so would be my guess! So with that, let’s continue on…..
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root, about 3 inches long
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 32 oz chilled club soda
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice, with the pulp
- 1 lemon sliced thing
- Peel ginger root and crush.
- Combine the ginger, water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil to dissolve sugar; reduce heat and simmer until the liquid becomes syrupy and the aroma of the ginger is noticeable, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool; remove ginger and pour liquid into a serving pitcher along with the club soda, lemon juice and sliced lemons.
- Chill well before serving over ice.