Stop Light Potato Saute
I’m not sure about you, but husband and I love the smell of peppers and onions sauteing in the frying pan and it’s something that is cooked quite often in our home and on the grill! I can remember when I was a kid, yes I can remember some things, going to calm bakes with my folks and they always served Italian sausages piled high with peppers and onions. Of course being the fuss-pot that I was, I wouldn’t touch these sandwiches with a ten foot pole, but I did love the smell coming from the booth that served them. Well this recipe, combines the onions and peppers with potatoes and this month is Bell Pepper Month!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, washed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- ⅓ cup each of red, yellow and green bell peppers, cubed
- ⅓ cup green scallions with tops, sliced
- ½ teas salt
- ¼ teas white pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Blanch potatoes in boiling water for 3-5 minutes and drain well.
- In a skillet, saute the potatoes in the oil for 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers, scallions and seasoning and saute for another 3-5 minutes, stirring while doing so, until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add the butter and continue to saute until the potatoes are golden brown.
Simplicity at it’s best…………..enjoy!