Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts BBQ Style
Saw these tasty tidbits this past weekend on Fox News and just knew that we had to try them,oh yeah!
Many moons ago, I posted a Shredded Brussels Sprouts recipe that we still love and that too, called for bacon! I was a little taken back when I picked up some sprouts at the super market and so was our wallet, told husband not to look at the price on the package as they were going for a steep price. But you all know that when you get a craving for something you just gotta have it, NOW!
I did not hear how to prepare these babies so I had to wing it and I will make an adjustment next time we splurge on these bad boys. You see, because I picked out nice big sprouts, I thought I might have to steam them first and that was a no-no as they came out a little softer than I would prefer them, hence I do not recommend using frozen sprouts. Husband of course was not disappointed as he likes all his veggies on the well cooked side and with the addition of bacon and our homemade BBQ sauce he was in hog heaven, no pun intended, ha ha! I also had to guess a little on the oven temperature and ended up kicking it up a notch to get the bacon done, of course this would depend on the thickness of the bacon you might use. So with that, let’s satisfy our tummies…….
- Desired amount of fresh Brussels sprouts
- BBQ sauce, I used our homemade sauce
- Cut off bottom part of stem from the sprouts and remove any loose or damaged leaves.
- Place a small X in the base of the stem (this allows sprouts to cook more evenly).
- Wrap each sprout with a ⅓ to ½ slice of bacon depending on size.
- Place on a jelly roll pan lined with foil, leaving space in between to allow bacon to cook.
- Bake in a 350 to 375 degree oven, turning when bacon starts to brown on the bottom.
- Continue to bake until bacon becomes nice and crispy; brush with desired amount of BBQ sauce and continue to cook for a few minutes to heat sauce.........
What more could could you ask for, a little sweet and salty to compliment your sprouts! We enjoyed ours with pork chops, hominy and homemade corn bread! Hope you enjoy too……………
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes.