If you’ve been with us for very long, you know that I am a huge fan of avocados, not just for their nutritional value but for the taste as well. I am however a little disappointed lately with their flavor, I don’t know if they pick them way too green or what the problem is. I sure would love to grow my own, but I don’t think they would do too well this far north; I’ll have to do some searching on my computer and see what I can come up with! Anyway, this is a nice recipe to make to go along with that nice hot cup of coffee in the morning or for a little pick-me-up in the afternoon.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup mashed ripe avocado
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teas baking soda
- ½ teas baking powder
- ¼ teas salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Combine the egg, avocado, buttermilk and oil a a mixing bowl and blend well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix only until blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until bread tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- This bread can be served warm with butter or cold.
Pour a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy……………..