Apple Walnut Brownies
With the first day that actually feels a little bit like fall, I’m in the mood for baking and making soup! The air conditioner actually got turned off last night for the first time in months and today the windows are wide open, YES I AM READY! The whole problem with my mood, is that we are starting the kitchen project today and not very good timing for baking and cooking. I know a lot of recipes for apples have been floating around out there, but I really like this one. The apples add a different taste to the brownies that is awesome!
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teas baking powder
- ¼ teas cinnamon
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- ¼ teas salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teas French vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and medium grated Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the flour with the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and extract and beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Place batter in a cooking sprayed, 9-inch square baking dish, spreading batter evenly to the edges.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until tested done with toothpick.
- Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into desired size pieces.
Again, have a nice weekend and enjoy!