Sweet And Zesty Carrot Sticks
- 2 large carrots, pared and cut into sticks
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 teas prepared mustard, maybe next time I'll use horseradish mustard for my extra kick
- 1 heaping teas horseradish
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of white pepper
- Steam carrots to a crisp-tender stage; drain and reserve 1 tablespoon of the water.
- Combine the remaining ingredients along with the reserved water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Place carrots in a small glass jar (I used a small pickle jar), and pour mixture over carrots.
- Let cool to room temperature, top with lid and let sit in the frig for a day before using so as to absorb the flavor.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2016/03/10/sweet-and-zesty-carrot-sticks/