Chocolate Crusted Peppermint Cheese Cake
- 1-1/4 cups of crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- About 3 tbls softened butter
- 2 pkg 8 ounces of cream cheese plus 3 more ounces
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ teas vanilla extract
- ½ teas peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Red food coloring
- Generously grease an 8 inch spring-form pan with the butter and sprinkle with the crushed wafers; pressing crumbs into the bottom and sides of pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese and the sugar until light and fluffy; beat in extracts.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and finally fold in the sour cream.
- Pour into prepared pan and drizzle top with a little of the red food coloring.
- With a knife gently swirl food coloring around the batter being sure not to go through the crust.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- When cooled, top with crushed peppermint candy if desired.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2015/12/31/chocolate-crusted-peppermint-cheese-cake/