Potato And Green Bean Chowder
- ½ lb fresh green beans, French cut
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked crisp reserving some fat for cooking green beans
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup grated cheese of you choice, I used cheddar
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Steam green beans and onions with a little of the bacon drippings drizzled over them until crisp tender and set aside.
- Add enough water to the bean water to boil potatoes and cook them until you can just run a knife through; drain and grate on a large grater.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, whisk in the flour and gradually stir in the milk.
- Add the cooked beans with onions and grated potatoes.
- Beat egg yolk and beat in a little of the thickened sauce and then stir into mixture of veggies.
- Add cheese and stir to melt.
- Add bacon or sprinkle bacon on top of your soup in a bowl as I did because Kenny has a little trouble with the bacon at this point in time!
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2015/10/20/potato-and-green-bean-chowder/