Pasta For The Summer Heat
- 3 cups of cantaloupe cut in bite size chunks, honeydew if you prefer or a mixture of both
- 1 ripe avocado, I used the green versus the Hass, chopped in bite size pieces
- 8 oz of tri-colored rotini or regular
- ⅓ cup lemon vinaigrette
- ½ teas Kosher salt or sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese or omit Asiago and use all mozzarella
- ⅓ cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in the frig to cool.
- Combine the melon, avocado, vinaigrette and salt in a bowl, stirring gently to mix.
- Stir pasta and cheese together into the melon mixture and sprinkle with the basil; chill well to meld the flavors.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2015/07/07/pasta-for-the-summer-heat/