Wallace's Sweet Potato Shuffle
- 1 cup orange juice, I used unsweetened
- 1-1/2 cup pineapple juice, again I used unsweetened
- 8 to 10 fresh sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes and parboiled until just tender or 2 medium cans of sweet potatoes also diced into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- ⅓ cup coke or coke zero which has less sugar
- 1 teas vanilla
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- ½ cup brown sugar, not packed
- ½ stick butter
- Corn starch for thickening, about 3 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish and melt in preheated oven.
- Whisk together the juices, soda, brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisk in the corn starch a little at a time to thicken??
- Pack potatoes in the dish with the melted butter; pour liquid mixture over and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are nice and soft.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2015/04/18/wallaces-sweet-potato-shuffle/