Twice Baked Sweet Potato With Sausage Stuffing
- 2 large sweet potatoes per serving
- ½ pound fresh ground or store bought breakfast sausage (not links)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush olive oil over sweet potatoes, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until tender, about an hour or so, (this will depend on the size of the potatoes).
- Let cool slightly so to handle; cut in half and scoop out meat into a bowl leaving a ¼ inch shell.
- While potatoes are cooking, saute sausage until slightly browned and no longer pink, chopping up as it cooks; drain off any fat.
- Using only two of the shell halves, divide the sausage into each. Save other shells to sprinkle with a little brown sugar and crumbled, cooked bacon for another tasty treat baked in the oven.
- Mash or rice potatoes with a little salt and pepper and divide over top of each shell.
- Return to oven under the broiler to reheat and brown a little on top.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2015/04/02/twice-baked-sweet-potato-with-sausage-stuffing/