Creamy Ham And Potato Soup
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 scallions with their tops, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large celery stalk, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cooked ham cubed
- 4 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp flour
- Chives for garnish
- Cook bacon until crispy in a Dutch oven, drain on paper towels and set aside, reserving 3 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add veggies to the drippings, stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook over low heat until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the milk and ham; season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Combine the flour with the sour cream, mixing well.
- Slowing add some of the hot milk into the sour cream and then add that mixture to the soup.
- Cook over low heat until soup just begins to bubble, but do not boil.
- Soup's on, garnish with fresh or dried chopped chives and grab some crackers!
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/09/29/creamy-ham-and-potato-soup/