Fudgy Beet Brownies
- 1 jar Aunt Nellie's Harvard Beets, not drained
- 1 box dark or milk chocolate brownie mix (for 13 X 9 inch pan) *
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- * Package sizes may vary, make sure you get the one for this size pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray bottom of 9 X 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beets in blender or food processor; puree until smooth and set aside.
- Combine brownie mix, oil, eggs and pureed beets in a large mixing bowl; stir until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake as directed on package, checking after shortest amount of recommended baking time.
- Remove from oven; cool.
- Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/07/17/fudgy-beet-brownies/