Strawberry Shortcake With Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teas vanilla extract
- I used a little blue food coloring only to get the red white and blue effect for the 4th
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar while beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in ⅓ of the flour mixture into the creamed sugar, stirring until blended.
- Follow with half of the sour cream and continue with another ⅓ of the flour, remaining sour cream and ending with last of the flour, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a well greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 1 hour before removing from pan.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/07/09/strawberry-shortcake-with-sour-cream-pound-cake/