Orange And Pecan Breakfast Bread
- ¼ cup shortening at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 4 teas baking powder
- ½ teas baking soda
- 1 teas salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 tbls finely grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream the shortening and sugar; add egg that has been slightly beaten.
- Sift together the flour with the next 3 ingredients.
- Alternately add the flour mixture, milk and orange juice to the creamed mixture.
- Add the orange rind and fold in the pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan (10x5 inches) and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/06/06/orange-and-pecan-breakfast-bread/