Crock Pot Pork Chops With Sour Cream And Onion Gravy
- 4 boneless pork chops between ¼ and ½ inch thick
- Pepper and onion powder to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1 large sweet onion sliced about ¼ inch thick, I used Vidalia
- 2 cups chicken broth, I use low-sodium
- 2 tbsp dried chives ( I left these out last night, well initially )
- 2 tbsp flour, i use more to get a thicker gravy but start with 2 and then add more whisked together with a little water until you get the consistency desired
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream (my screw-up as I used 8 oz of whipped cream cheese with chives instead, guess I had the chives in my head telling me that I had forgot them earlier!)
- Rub pork chops with the pepper and onion powder; dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat, brown chops on both sides.
- Place chops in crock pot and top with sliced onions; add the chicken broth and chives.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chops are tender.
- Remove chops from cooker and add the sour cream that has been combined with the 2 tablespoons of flour to the meat juices.
- Turn pot on HIGH and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, adding more flour paste if necessary.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/06/04/crock-pot-pork-chops-with-sour-cream-and-onion-gravy/