Corned Beef Coney Style
- 1-1/2 cups chopped corned beef
- 1-1/2 tbsp oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- ⅓ cup chopped bell peppers
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, I used Kerry Gold Irish cheddar
- Hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oil over medium heat and saute the cabbage, onion and peppers until cabbage is tender.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and desired amount of hot sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Place mixture in buns (about 10 to 12), top with cheese and place under the broiler for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- For pocket sandwiches, the mixture with fill about 8 biscuits that have been rolled into circles about 5-inches in diameter. Top mixture with the cheese, fold and seal edges.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/03/25/corned-beef-coney-style/