Apple Sausage Sliders
- ¾ lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 3 scallions with tops, bulb part sliced thin and the greens chopped into about ¼-inch slices
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or butter
- 4-6 tbsp dried corn bread crumbs
- 1 medium apple (I used Granny Smith), peeled, cored and grated medium
- 1 egg
- ¼ teas poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon fat or oil for frying patties
- Melt bacon fat over medium-low heat in a large skillet and saute the onion until the white part is soft.
- In a bowl, combine the scallions with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties on a floured surface according to the size of the buns being used.
- Add a little more bacon fat or oil to the skillet and fry patties over medium-low heat until lightly browned on both sides and well done.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2014/01/17/apple-sausage-sliders/