Apple Walnut Brownies
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teas baking powder
- ¼ teas cinnamon
- ¼ teas nutmeg
- ¼ teas salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teas French vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled and medium grated Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the flour with the next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and extract and beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Place batter in a cooking sprayed, 9-inch square baking dish, spreading batter evenly to the edges.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until tested done with toothpick.
- Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into desired size pieces.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2013/09/28/apple-walnut-brownies/