Sauteed Dandelion Flowers
- 2 cups clean, fresh picked dandelion flowers, picked in an area free of pesticides
- ½ cup butte
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- The first thing is to make sure you DON'T wash the flowers as they will shrivel up, so make sure they are free of pesticides and not picked too close to a dusty road.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip each flower into the eggs and then into the flour.
- Saute lightly in the butter and drain on paper towels.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2013/02/06/sauteed-dandelion-flowers/