Spicy Tempura Batter
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teas baking powder
- ¼ teas baking soda
- ½ teas cajun seasoned salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Dip your choice of fish, cut into 2-inch pieces, large shrimp or veggies cut into 2-inch pieces into the batter and deep-fry in oil that has been heated to 375 degrees
- Cook until golden brown and the pieces float to the top.
- Drain on paper towels and dig in with your favorite sauce.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2013/01/07/spicy-tempura-batter/