Homemade Bearnaise Sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¾ lb of butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teas dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ cup fresh snipped parsley
- 1 tbsp tarragon vinegar
- In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and lemon juice; cook over very low heat, not letting the water boil at any point to keep the egg yolks from cooking.
- Add butter slowly, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt, pepper and dried tarragon.
- Stir in the shallots and remaining ingredients, keeping warm in double boiler until serving time.
- Beat with a wire whisk just before serving to blend ingredients.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2012/11/27/homemade-bearnaise-sauce/