Bourbon Glazed Cornish Hens
- 4 Cornish Hens
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup butter
- 2-1/4 cups cooked wild rice
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teas thyme
- ⅛ teas pepper
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 4 tbsp red currant jelly, melted
- Saute onions in 2 tablespoons of butter until transparent in color; mix with rice.
- Add the walnuts, salt, thyme and ¼ teaspoon of butter and mix well.
- Stuff hens and place in a shallow baking pan, breast side up.
- Melt a ¼ cup of butter, salt to taste and pepper; pour over the hens.
- Melt remaining butter and add the bourbon.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, basting three times during the said time with the bourbon mixture.
- Reduce heat to 350 degree and cook for another 30 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.
- Turn hens over, baste and cook for another 15 minutes.
- If liquid evaporates during the cooking time, add ½ cup of chicken broth to pan.
- Turn hens once more, top with the jelly and cook for 30 more minutes or until hens test done.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2012/11/19/bourbon-glazed-cornish-hens/