Chile Corn Bread Salad
- 1 box (8-1/2 oz) corn bread mix
- 1 can (16 oz) chili beans, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool and crumble into a large bowl.
- While bread is cooking, prep tomatoes and onions.
- Spread beans over the top of the bread.
- Top beans with tomatoes and onions.
- Combine the pickle juice with the mayo and pour atop the salad, lifting gently with a fork so the mixture goes down into the salad.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe by Cooking With Mama at http://cooking-with-mama.com/2012/07/02/chile-corn-bread-salad/