Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole
Phew! The last half of May here in northern Florida has been like living in HELL or to put it more gently, it feels like August instead of May and wondering what summer will bring us! I think a trip to Alaska might be in store if it gets any worse, ha ha! Every Day here in the last few days has been hitting the upper ’90’s in the shade. Even the dog only goes out to do her thing, the cats are hibernating in the woods all day, the chickens only leave their coop in the morning and Kenny and I are getting our work done outside in the morning and then retreating to the A/C for relief.
So in other words, I will try to spare my oven as much as possible by using our crock pot and cooking on the grill whenever possible. This is one of the simplest and easiest recipes if you like ravioli and a great way to beat the heat if you’re in the same boat as we are. You can use all store bought ingredients if you like or substitute your own homemade spaghetti sauce as I did. I did cheat on the ravioli as our store had some on sale, the hamburger I used of course was home grown, OOPS I wish, I meant to say home ground and Husband made his version of garlic toast to slop up the extra sauce!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce or the equivalent of homemade sauce
- 1 bag (24 oz) frozen or refrigerated ravioli, cheese or meat for that extra man thing!
- ¾ cup of stale Italian bread torn into small pieces
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese or more if desired
- ⅓ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef breaking up as it cooks; drain.
- Place about ⅓ of a cup of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of your crock pot to cover and combine the beef with the remaining sauce.
- Place the ravioli atop the sauce and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Top with bread crumbs and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-1/2 to 3 hours for the refrigerated ravioli and about 3 to 3-1/2 hours for the frozen, being careful not to overcook the pasta.
Hope you enjoy…………Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and Twitter and join our Saturday news letter..up there..at the top.. to keep up with the latest recipes.