Sour Cream Banana Pound Cake
I really, really meant to get this in on Saturday, but you know, stuff happens!!! Sometimes more than once, ha ha…… But any-who, we had a fire going on Friday and Saturday night and today, I’m ready to put on the damn air-conditioning as we hit in the mid 80’s today. Kenny managed to get a project done today that we have been wanting to do for eons and eons and he will share it here soon. If you’re into the country thing, you’re gonna love it!!
This recipe is just a basic recipe for pound cake and I added the crushed bananas and then we had it with our coffee and of course husband had to have it with fresh strawberries and homemade ice cream (and then he complains about gaining weight, yeah right!)!!!!! Well, let’s get this show on the road to all our followers out there…….
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teas vanilla
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Cream together the sugar and butter on medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Blend in vanilla.
- On low speed, add flour and sour cream alternately to the sugar mixture until well combined.
- Fold in mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into a buttered 10" tube pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
I really hope you enjoy this very simple version of pound cake as much as we do! We have a couple of days with appointments coming up and on one of those days, getting to visit with great-grandsons for a little while and take granddaughter’s significant other his over due birthday present of those Normally Sweethot Dill Pickles made just for him. Hopes he enjoys them as much as we do……….Later with a couple of Super Bowl recipes, oops, don’t want to jinx myself!