Almond Raspberry Brownie Bites
First of all, let me share with you why I made these flavorful, gooey tasty treats! This weekend we had a baby shower for our new great-grandson and I wanted to take a little something extra for all to try. Big Hit with all who attended including our first great-grandson, Ulric. He is up and walking all over the place and looked so cute in his new hat that his grandma bought for him!
I also made two large platters of fresh veggies along with plenty of that dill dip that I just posted and a crock pot full of BBQ chicken with homemade rolls to make sliders………
The stork is due to deliver new baby Atticus in the beginning of December, but between you, me and the fence post, I do not believe that he’s going to wait that long to make his presence. Granddaughter is very large and we all joked about her having twins which is not totally out of the question as twins do run on daddy’s side of the family! God help us all………… Now on with something to satisfy our sweet tooth!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 1 teas almond extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup or more of ground almonds
- Stir cocoa into the melted butter until smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar.
- Ad the flour, jam, almond extract and eggs; combine to make smooth.
- Fold in ground almonds and spread evenly into a 9X13 inch pan that has been greased on the bottom; batter will be thin.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the sides.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into 1 inch squares.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving.
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe and don’t forget the ice cream……….