Honey Nut Muffins With Oatmeal And Raisins
Let me start today with my deepest sympathy to all our friends up north who are getting slammed with snow!!! Just talked to my sister in New York who just came in from shoveling another 7 inches of snow out of her path to the car with more snow to come today and again on Thursday. She wanted to know if she could send some down to me and I said sure as we are having a rainy day here and I would much rather play in the snow :) She chuckled when I told her to have her son come down with his semi and an empty trailer and we would come up with the John Deere and get rid of it for her!
I guess I’m going to be baking a lot more now that Husband needs to eat in the morning with his meds and with his appetite not yet in full swing at o’dark thirty, I have been trying to keep something that will be easy for him to grab and enjoy with his coffee such as these muffins and the apple walnut bread that I posted recently. I have been trying not to indulge at that hour but when he warms something up, the aroma floating through the air gets my tummy to talking and I find that I too have been enjoying his new morning ritual, well at least until the pounds start piling on :( You can use any kind of nuts in these muffins and even use regular sugar if you prefer, but I like to use local honey in lieu of sugar if I can……….
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- ½ teas ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats, not quick cooking
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- Sift the first 4 ingredients together into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and nuts.
- Combine the eggs with the remaining ingredients and pour into the dry mixture just until combined.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups ⅔ full and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack to cool completely before storing and being careful not to gobble them all down.
Hope you enjoy and we’ll see you later…………