Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast Stuffed With Apples
The combination of sweet and salty have always been one of my downfalls, Planter’s Peanut Bars! My sister told me she had just tried some frozen chicken breast stuffed with apples and then coated with bread crumbs and it got my brain going, for a change! I love bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with cheese and peppers and this was just another great way to have a change of pace especially with apples in season right now, oh yeah, more yummy for our tummies! The one regret to how I prepared them was this, I should have had added a little apple sauce to the cooked apples for the stuffing for more moistness, my bad, but next time! And then I complimented it with a baked sweet potato, another thing in season right now.
I have a superb recipe coming up, probably next week, for our son-in-law’s special sweet potatoes and it sounds so tasty that I can’t wait to try it, but I need more sweets to accomplish this feat! I think it would be outstanding with Turkey Day coming soon. Now on with the show……
- For 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts:
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Bacon for wrapping
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add prepared apples and saute until almost tender.
- Reduce heat and sprinkle with the brown sugar, add a little water and simmer just until sugar melts into the apples, stirring constantly. Next time I will add a little applesauce!
- Filet chicken breast, leaving in one piece and pound flat with a meat tenderizing hammer (yes, I call it a hammer).
- Place half the apples onto one breast, fold over the ends and secure with toothpicks; repeat with other breast.
- Wrap each breast with desired amount of bacon, hey don't be too stingy here, oh God, I'm starting to sound like Kenny, ha ha!
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked thru.
What a delicious recipe for the fall season and cooler weather…………Enjoy!
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes.