Beer And Cheddar Cheese Puffs
Such a perfect way to serve your guests during a football game party or during the upcoming holiday get-togethers! This recipe makes about 4 to 5 dozen little buns depending on how heavy handed the cook is, ha ha! Yes, I’m still on a cheese kick but with company coming this weekend, I wanted something to munch on while Kenny and I kick their butts playing poker! I came across this recipe in my older book, Recipes on Parade, and with a few changes, this was the way I rocked! You can fill these lite little babies up with anything your heart desires, from chicken salad to a cheese spread which I put on mine today. Kenny is now opting to use them for his Po Po platter for an upcoming football game. I was going to ask you to keep a secret for me but then I realized Kenny would find an open beer can in the frig with half of it gone. You see, I used his Yuengling lager beer for this recipe, OOPS! So with that, on with the party……………
- ½ cup beer, not lite and I used the Yuengling lager
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teas Worcestershire
- ¼ teas salt, I used pink sea salt so I did not use quite as much
- 1/16 teas cayenne pepper or more if you like them a little hotter
- ¾ cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Combine the beer and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour all at once; stir constantly for about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne and cheese; beat well to blend mixture and cool slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove tops and fill with desired filling and return tops to serve.
Hope you enjoy at your next party, filled with your favorite filling or an assortment of fillings to satisfy everyone’s taste buds……………
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes.