Asiago Cheese And Spinach Bites
This weekend, I played around with our Asiago cheese from Italy again. Hope you’re not getting tired of it! I wanted to make another dish with our tasty cheese and decided to make a Parmesan like hamburger steak only substituting Asiago cheese for the parm and the spinach bites with garlic bread for complimenting it. Asiago cheese is not something Kenny and I have been eating for a long time but have found it an excellent cheese to use instead of Parmesan. All was a huge success and we loved every bite leaving nary a crumb! Today I’m just going to do the recipe for the spinach as we are getting bad storms in the area and I don’t know how long my computer will be up and running.
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 tbsp melted butter, divided
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese, divided
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Spaghetti sauce
- Allow spinach to thaw and drain well with paper towels.
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter until transparent in color.
- Add spinach and cook for about another 5 minutes or until all water is gone from spinach.
- Place mixture into a bowl and add the egg yolk, ricotta cheese, ⅔ cup of the Asiago cheese, salt and pepper.
- With floured hands, shape into balls about 1-inch in diameter, place in a lightly greased baking dish, drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Top with warmed spaghetti sauce and remaining Asiago cheese.
I hope you enjoy!!!!
And don’t forget to like us on Facebook or join our news letter to keep up with the latest recipes. You can find Asiago Cheese at #AsiagoCheeseUSA and check out their site here..http://www.asiagocheese.it/en/.