Pork Chops And Root Veggies
With a cool weekend and wanting a lazy Sunday away from the kitchen, I decided to throw some pork chops in the crock pot with some sweet taters and carrots. I really do hate to cook on Sundays and that’s when I usually turn Kenny loose in the kitchen for his tasty Western omelet and then onto the grill for dinner with as little help as possible from me (I know, me bad, but he can cook!). I can remember growing up how my mom slaved away in the kitchen to have a huge meal on Sundays and I think it was because she wanted left-overs to pack up for my dad’s lunch during the week as she also worked a full time job doing private nursing. Whatever the reason, she was a hard working lady who unfortunately did not have a husband who was handy in the kitchen but always supplied her with fresh fish and game to work her miracles! This is a no-brainer recipe and I hope you will conform it to your liking…..
- 4 center cut boneless pork chops about ¾" thick
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1" cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teas poultry seasoning
- Season flour with salt and pepper, dredge chops.
- Over medium heat, fry chops on both sides until golden brown.
- Place veggies in crock pot in order given and top with pork chops.
- Mix poultry seasoning with chicken broth and pour over chops.
- Cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until tender.
- Remove veggies and meat from pot.
- Combine 2 tbsp of flour with a little water, add to crock pot that has been turned to HIGH and cook until thickened; add a little extra flour and water if gravy is not thick enough for your taste.
- Serve chops and veggies topped with lotsa gravy.
Hope you enjoy and hope to be back with something you’ll enjoy with our Asiago cheese tomorrow…… Off to the kitchen!