Steak And Egg Sandwich
A couple of days ago, I read on Yahoo somewhere, that sandwich wraps were on the outs and good old sandwiches on bread were making a comeback and the author of the article was quite happy! By the time I got back to the computer the article was nowhere to be found, at least not where I had seen it and I was disappointed because I wanted to read the whole thing. That’s what prompted me to share this tasty, quick sandwich that we put together the other night. I was thinking of a steak sandwich with sauteed onions and peppers and husband was leaning towards an egg sandwich so we decided to partner them up to satisfy both of our hunger pangs! Now I don’t want you to be too upset with me, as I do keep Steak-umms in the freezer for a quick sandwich and yes I know they’re not the healthiest thing to eat but we still enjoy them once in awhile! The only thing that surprised me that evening was that Kenny didn’t slap a slab of cheese on top of his. Oh wait, hold the press, he didn’t help that night so it was up to me and I forgot, oops. Next time though, I will put some on his and leave mine plain as usual. Plain Jane, yep that’s what I’ve been called more than once as mayo is not usually an option on my sandwiches although I like it, no ketchup on my burgers and no mustard on my hot dogs! I mean why cover up the taste of a good burger or hot dog with lots of extra stuff? I’m really not that bad as I do like some things on those two items, just not all the time!
- 1 Steak-umm per sandwich
- Desired amount of peppers and onions sliced
- 1-2 eggs, depending on how hungry and how big the bread is that you're using
- Oops, cheese slice of your choice
- 2 slices Italian bread, sliced about ¾-inch thick each
- Saute peppers and onions in a small amount of olive oil to desired crispness (well for husband and still crunchy for me).
- Cook Steak-umms per package instructions, keep warm (steaks might come out a little oily so blot with paper towels.
- Scramble egg or eggs to your taste (eggs can be cooked any way you like them) and when cooked, top with cheese to melt.
- Brush one side of of bread slices with a small amount of butter and fry on buttered side until golden brown.
- Top unbuttered side with egg, steak and top with onions and peppers; top with other slice of toasted bread and eat while they're hot!
Hope you enjoy our simple little sandwich………….