Speedy Apple Pie
What a nice weekend I had to start off the holiday week! Husband took me to a Civil War Reenactment here at the Suwannee Music Park and out to dinner. We walked down to the river and around on some of the trails where I found some Indian Pipe mushrooms which I haven’t seen in years. After hitting over the sixty mark, I really don’t care to celebrate b’days like I used to but it was fun to see the park and and be outdoors on a beautiful day with my favorite man!
Also got a late b’day call from granddaughter yesterday and found out that she and her husband had no plans for Thanksgiving but they do now! For the first time in many moons, we will have both granddaughters here with their significant others and boy do I have a big to-do list during the next couple of days for husband, ha ha! Both girls will be here early to help in the kitchen, something I’m not used to, except for Kenny getting in my way of course! I’m not sure how much I’ll get done here this week on our site, so today being Monday, I thought I’d at least get something quick and easy in for you. This pie can be made in just minutes but of course, I have to make a real apple pie or face criminal neglect charges from husband!
- 1 8-inch graham cracker crumb shell, store bought or homemade
- ⅛ teas nutmeg
- ⅛ teas cinnamon
- 2 cups chunky applesauce (sweetened or all natural)
- 1 egg, separated
- Heat applesauce until it is very hot and add the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Beat egg white until stiff and in a separate bowl, beat egg yolk until lemony in color.
- Fold yolk into the egg white.
- Slowly pour applesauce into the egg mixture, stirring while doing so.
- Pour mixture into graham crust.
- Cool completely before serving.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving…………enjoy!