Souped Up Chicken Lasagna
This not your everyday lasagna as the spaghetti sauce is substituted with canned soup! Today is National Lasagna Day along with National Chicken Wing Day and I thought I’d combine the two, well sort of! Hope everyone had a nice weekend, ours was great until last night when Mother Nature dumped another 2 inches of rain on us, ruining today for working out in the yard as everything is saturated but once again. Of course, some of our friends out there in cyber world got it a lot worse than we did and our hearts go out to them. It’s Monday and not a big cooking day here at the hacienda, so lasagna would have to be in my freezer already cooked for us to enjoy it for dinner. My last search came up empty and it is time to make some real soon, just don’t know which kind to make yet, maybe this one for something different!
- 4 cups cooked and shredded, chicken breasts
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 2 cans (10 oz each) cream of celery soup
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12-14 lasagna noodles
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Combine the chicken, celery, peppers, onions, spinach, soup and milk in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the cheeses and mix well.
- Spray a square 4 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place ¼ of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the dish and alternately add ⅓ of the noodles, ¼ of the chicken mixture and ⅓ of the cheese, ending with chicken mixture. Reserve last ⅓ of the cheese for topping at the end of the baking time.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly hot. Uncover and top with reserved cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking time.
A little out of the box, but I bet it’s really tasty……………enjoy!