Cheeseburger And French Fry Casserole
It’s National French Fries Day and this is just a very simple recipe that is great to whoop up on a rainy day like today! I was just over at Yahoo and noticed that they were showing a recipe to get the perfect french fries at home, on the site In The Pantry, and they tell you to cook your fries twice, refrigerating them in between the two frying stages. Of course, husband who makes his own versions of fries, said it sounded like too much work for him and I have to admit, his fries are pretty damn good as he puts a light coating of bread crumbs on them along with some of his secret seasonings. But I did want to get 2 recipes in today and I can’t really get my head working with this nasty weather, so here we go!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of onion soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pkg (20 oz) crinkle cut french fries
- Brown ground beef over medium heat, crumbling it as it cooks, drain.
- Transfer into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine the soups and mix well; pour over the cooked beef.
- Arrange fries over the top of the meat mixture in a single layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
Serve with some hot crusty buns and enjoy!