Marinated Green Beans With Sour Cream Dressing
Well I hope all you dads out there had a great day yesterday! Quiet here except for the phone calls from the kids and we just pigged out on a seafood dinner which was husband’s final choice for his day, watched TV, napped and of coarse, had a few brews. Thought of our son-in-law and grandson as they had left us a few Coronas in the frig when they left so Kenny and I could have a treat. This recipe is just a simple way to dress up some canned green beans and serve them cold which is perfect for a picnic and the summer time heat.
- 1 can (15 oz) French style green beans
- 1-1/2 teas vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teas white wine vinegar
- ½ small sweet onion
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 teas chopped fresh chives
- ⅛ teas fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teas horseradish
- Combine the green beans with their liquid and the next 4 ingredients in a resealable dish.
- Marinate overnight in the frig, stirring occasionally.
- Just before you're ready to serve, combine the sour cream and remaining ingredients.
- Drain green bean mixture, add the sour cream mixture and toss to coat.
Hope you enjoy!