Bacon And Cheese Breakfast Cookies
Know someone who never has time for breakfast? Make up a batch of these, throw them into a zippered bag and send them out the door! This recipe has everything you could think of that you would have for breakfast, bacon, egg, and cereal! I know my husband never ate breakfast before going to work but always had a cup of coffee to hold him over until he could get to his job and these would have been perfect for him to munch on to tide him over until lunch time.
- 6 slices of bacon
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teas baking soda
- ½ teas salt
- ⅔ cup butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated fine
- ½ cup wheat germ
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain and crumble.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and add to the butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients including the cooked bacon.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet and transfer to racks to finish cooling.
Breakfast on the run……………enjoy!