Baked Chocolate Omelet
Well tomorrow is Mother’s Day and today is Eat What You Want Day, gee wish this was tomorrow so I’ll just do it tomorrow too! I want to wish all our moms out there a very Happy Mother’s Day and hope you enjoy it to the fullest. I was planning on taking care of recipes this morn, but the forecast called for rain this afternoon and we wanted to get some outdoor chores done, like mowing the yard, before the rains came, so as usual, I’m off to a late start! This is a very simple recipe that all moms should enjoy, it’s got chocolate! We all love chocolate, don’t we ladies?
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 eggs, separated and at room temperature
- Combine the chocolate and water in the top of the double boiler over boiling water, stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Beat together the sugar and egg yolks until lemony in color; drizzle in the melted chocolate, constantly beating while doing so.
- Beat the egg whites into stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn into a buttered rectangular cake pan and bake in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and make 4 or 5 slits in the top, to allow steam to escape and inside to cook.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
Happy Mother’s Day everyone, hope you all enjoy and have fun! See Ya Monday, I’m outta here………..