Fruity Zucchini Nut Bread
With the garden planted, hopefully we will have some fresh zucchini this year. Here in Florida, the stores are starting to get fresh zucchini from south Florida and after my big freezer thaw, I need to replenish my zucchini for frying, breads and lasagna! What I’m really waiting for though, is fresh cukes to make some more freezer pickles and this year, I’m going to make lots of them as they really do hold up well after being in the freezer! So today, with it being National Zucchini Bread Day, I give you this recipe to sink your teeth into! This recipe makes three loaves, one for you and two to give to friends or family, if you can part with them!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teas vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teas baking soda
- ¼ teas baking powder
- 1-1/2 teas cinnamon
- ¾ teas nutmeg
- 1 teas salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained well
- Combine the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla and beat until thickened.
- Sift together the next 6 ingredients and gradually stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the zucchini, nuts and pineapple and blend well.
- Divide mixture into 3 loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until tests done.
Hope you enjoy!