Today brings us Picnic Day and International Macaroni Day and for a lot of us, it’s a little too chilly for a picnic but this is still a nice salad to take on one! Will Old Man Winter ever let go this year? I heard this morning on a weather report that snow might even rear it’s ugly head right into May for the northern part of our country. Last week when we were putting in the garden, Kenny and I were sweating our butts off and then Saturday night we were cuddled up by the fireplace and yes it had a fire in it! Makes no sense at all. But the weather will change some time and then we’ll all be cursing the heat. So let’s think summer thoughts for now and dream of going on a picnic!
- 1 lb small fresh shrimp, cooked and cleaned
- 1 lb cooked crab meat (canned or fresh)
- 16 oz small seashell macaroni
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 scallions, minced
- 1-1/2 cups mayo
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain well.
- Combine the macaroni with the shrimp, crab, celery and scallions; toss to mix.
- Combine the mayo with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over salad, toss to combine, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.