Scalloped Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
Ever have the craving for scalloped potatoes and not want to go through all the prep work involved? This is a extra easy and quick way to solve the problem and your taste buds won’t be disappointed! Kenny and I are taking off for the weekend to head out to the Fleas Across Florida tomorrow to see if we can find any new/old treasures to add to our already large collection of too much stuff! But it is an outing that we both enjoy doing and tomorrow is supposed to be nice, unlike today which is threatening us with rain, just what we don’t need at this time! Now on with the potatoes…
- 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen crinkle-cut french fries
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 6 oz American cheese, shredded
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 5 tbsp flour
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¾ cup crushed shredded wheat cereal
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoon of the butter and stir in the flour; add the onions and milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Place half of the potatoes in a buttered casserole dish, top with half of the sauce, half of the cheeses and ending with half of the bacon.
- Repeat with another layer.
- Combine the remaining butter that has been melted with the shredded wheat and sprinkle over top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly and potatoes are soft.
Have a nice weekend and enjoy!