Baked Caramel Pudding
Today holds four food holidays and I am gonna touch on a couple of them for you today and two of them are sweet treats for our sweet side! Besides National Deep Dish Pizza Day and Dandelion Day, which I have posted a couple of recipes for, we have National Caramel Day which I will be touching on today. Does anyone actually make pudding from scratch in this day and age? With all the pre-boxed puddings out there, I find it hard to believe but the taste is so much better when made from scratch like my mom used to do. She used to always find time to make lots of sweet treats to put in dad’s lunchbox and when he came home, there wasn’t a drop of food left to be thrown away.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teas baking powder
- ½ teas mace
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- ½ cup milk
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp butter
- Sift together the first four ingredients; stir in the raisins and add the milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the brown sugar, boiling water and butter.
- Stir and pour over the flour mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.