Spoon Bread Rolls
This is another recipe that needs to be made ahead of time and great for freeing up your time when having company as you can keep the dough in the frig for up to 3 days. This is also a nice feature as you can make them fresh everyday instead of all at once which is great for husband and I as it is just the two of us and as you know, Kenny likes his bread with every meal, even chicken chow mein! I say it again, sick puppy! I like the little bit of sweetness the sugar adds to the rolls too.
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water, divided
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- Combine the yeast and ¼ cup of the warm water in a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To the yeast mixture stir in the remaining water, butter, flour, sugar and egg; stir until smooth.
- Cover and place in the frig for a minimum of 8 hours and up to 3 days.
- When ready to cook, restir batter and fill greased muffin tins ⅔ full.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans immediately.
Wish my damn stove would hurry up and get here………….Hope you enjoy!