Orange Blossom Pancakes
Today is National Pancake Day and I think it refers to IHOP because we also have National Pancake Week coming up in a few days! This month is also National Hot Breakfast Month and when husband reads this, he’s gonna start bugging me for some pancakes, as I haven’t made any in awhile. Not being ones for eating first thing when we get up, breakfast comes late in our house and sometimes it’s even lunchtime before we eat. I have grown to using a lot of oranges since moving to the the Sunshine State and these cakes are wonderful with a rich praline syrup and lots of butter on top! Of course, no matter what kind of pancakes I make, Kenny is very partial to his cane syrup which is made here, right down the road from us.
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Grated rind of 1 medium orange
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Combine the biscuit mix with the sugar and orange rind in a small bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and blend.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the yogurt mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a hot, greased griddle and cook until the edges are browned and bubbles rise to the top.
- Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve hot with syrup and butter.
Hope you enjoy another treat from the Sunshine State!